Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vet & Farrier Day - 4/2/10

Owning horses is NOT cheap anymore.  Guy Graden came out today to do shots, coggins, and teeth.  4 horses later, my wallet was A LOT lighter ($882 to be exact).

I have had many people ask, "Why don't you give your own shots?"  There's no denying that I could.  I give my dogs and cats their own shots, but with my horses, it's different.  My horses take care of me, so I feel I should take care of them - in good times and bad.  The problem is that the bad times are often unpredictable.  Therefore, I feel it is only fair to my vet to use him for the little stuff IF I expect him to take care of me when the BIG (bad) stuff comes around.

Poca


Liz also brought her boys out.  Monarch was really heavy!

The girls hold Beauty for Rob

HERE are a few more pics.

No comments: