Friday, April 30, 2010

Love - 4/5/10

Anyone who has horses knows that sinking, awful feeling you get when you look out the window and see your horse laying down at a strange time?

Today while cleaning my kitchen, I looked out the window and saw Linc curled up near the fence, away from the other horses.  My heart almost stopped.  I thought for sure something was wrong since my horses usually nap and sun themselves in shifts together (one sleeps while another stands gaurd).

I threw my shoes on and ran out to the field.  Much to my surprise, Linc was fine.  He was simply sunning himself near the fence.

LOL, Poca was not there earlier.  She came over when she thought she might be missing something.


It's strange how close Linc and I are now.  I've had him 3ish years, and up until a few months ago, I would have sold him to someone for the right price.  Not anymore!  I absolutely adore him now.  When I am home, he stands at the fence watching and waiting for me to come outside.  He choses me over his herd.  I've never had a horse like that.

Rocky will always be my #1.  I trust him wholeheartedly with me or anyone else.  However, Rocky only wants to be with me IF we're going riding or food.  He's not affectionate or "soft" in anyway.  LOL, he's actually a lot like me.  Whereas, Linc is just the opposite.  He's very sweet and loving, and he tends to bring out the softer side in me.  :)

After my special moment with Linc, Cory wanted to play with the ponies too.  She decided Poca needed some lovin.




HERE are a few more pics.

No comments: