Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring break at 7 Bar L

I am so blessed to have good friends and good horses.  Thursday, Liz and I headed to one of our MOST favorite places, 7 Bar L.  We already knew it was going to be a busy weekend there since many schools were out on spring break.

Andy was nice enough to let me keep my ponies in one of his pastures.

It was big enough to put Liz's boys in there too.

Go Beauty!

Unfortunately, the weather was predicted to be bad with severe thunderstorms.  The idea of sleeping in a tent was not very appealing, so we decided to tarp up the trailer and sleep in it.


Redneck camping at its finest

Our firepit

It took awhile to set up, so Robbie and Cory fished instead of riding.

Friday morning, Chele and Linelle joined us.  We got them settled and headed out to conquer the "big" hill that had Liz so nervous.

Linelle & Bandit

Chele & Dawn
Cool bridge

Robbie

Liz

Cory

Robbie shows Cory how to climb a tree

She did pretty well

Erik, Coral, Mickayla, and Jenny joined us Friday night.  Saturday morning Mike, Traci, and KD arrived for a day ride.

All heading out

Family pic (thanks Jenny)

 Mike & Rusty

Traci & Tucker

The most important people in my life

 
Jenny & Maybe

We rode 3+- hours and headed back to camp for lunch.  Later that afternoon, we went out for another ride.  Jenny was nice enough to ride Linc while I rode Poca.

Coral & Chief

Jenny & Linc

KD & Stylin

Poca & I watch Jenny play on the bridge


Cory & Mickayla take a spin on Poca when we get back

Cory rides Poca by herself

We had an owl keep watch of our campsite

Millie & Cory chillin around the fire

Sadly, I didn't get any pics on Sunday.  Coral's horse, Star, was being a major PITA (prancing, bucking, and hopping).  Coral was getting extremely frustrated, so I suggested we switch.  Coral rode Linc, and I rode Star.  I know Star (she lived at my house for years) and don't mind a good challenge.

This was really the first time anyone else has rode Linc (other than Erik).  I was sooooo proud of how well behaved he was.  It was a nice treat to see my boy under saddle.  I may be biased here, but he's pretty damned handsome!

HERE are LOTS more pics and even a video or two.

No comments: