Friday, March 19, 2010

Quality time

Delivering Faith to her new home was exhausting in so many ways.  My goal on Sunday was to just enjoy my time with my loved ones.  We started off by loading up and heading to Ralph Simmons for a ride.

Chele & Dawn

Liz & Ramsey after a pony swap.

Robbie & Monarch (who was FULL of himself)

Cory & Beauty

Pony butts drive me nuts =)

My attempt at a self portrait while riding

Cory leading the pack

Unfortunately, we had to cut our ride short.  Ramsey seemed ouchy on his front right, and Monarch was a hot mess.  Poor Robbie earned his rodeo gold star today.  We were coming across a ditch when Monarch got a wild hair up his fanny and started BUCKING 4 or 5 times.  I really thought Robbie was going to make a land purchase, but he hung in there.  I know he was hurting afterwards.

No worries...  We got back, unsaddled, and shared some laughs and lunch.

Chele did not care for Cory's lemonade straws

Neither did Liz

Cory & I love them


Me & my girls

Cory hanging out while I load up

Love this kid

When we got home, I noticed Poca was shedding like crazy, so I grabbed the rubber thingy and went to work.  Cory was in the paddock too, but I couldn't find her.

Here I am


So I joined her

Linc wanted in on the pic too

Poca giving me some lovin

You know the dogs had to get in on the action

This pony is worth her weight in gold


While lying there with Cory, I had plenty of time to reflect on my decisions.  Izzy, Faith, motorcycles,...  I have made several big changes recently.  I let out a huge sigh of relief.  I have my priorities straight.  My life needs to be about Cory right now.  She's not going to be little for long.  I need to be focused on quality time with her and Erik.  There will be a point in the future when I will be ready for a new mustang, but for now I will enjoy the ones I have.  I can find comfort in knowing that the horses I have left are trustworthy and loving.  They seem to know their place in the herd and my life.  Cory is safe in their presence.  For that, I am grateful.

I made the right choice.  Linc loves me more than I thought possible.

HERE are the rest of the pics.

1 comment:

KD said...

Amen sistah! Life is good!