Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Something to look forward to (one day)

You know how I love to set goals.  After reading this email from KD, I have decided this adventure is for sure on my bucket list of things to do.

My dear friend Marilyn Whitford used to do cross country and endurance riding in years past and has regaled us with those tales around the campfire. Now that she is a little more seasoned, she has switched to mules and riding not only every local trail she can find, but casting far and wide for riding adventures.

She did the Grand Canyon by mule earlier this summer, along with an America by Horseback Ride at Circle E Ranch in Tennessee, a ride at Leatherwood in North Carolina with some of her mule buddies and just returned from a week in Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies, riding alongside her mule trainer/mentor Brad Cameron. Mind you, this was camping in a tent on a bedroll with possible grizzlies running around at night.

Relax and enjoy the slideshow of the gorgeous vistas of the Canadian Rockies by muleback.

Click for the photos........... Marilyn's Grand Adventure 

=) 

2 comments:

KD said...

I posted it to my blog as well. :-) Marilyn is the toughest rider I know and she knows how to go for what she wants!

Michelle said...

We lucky to have her as a friend. I know she has touched my life and inspired me.

Thanks for letting me "borrow" your post.