Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Staying positive...

Sometimes that is a hard thing to do when you feel like nothing is going right.  You know the saying, "If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."  That is the story of my life at the moment.

First, I had to put my daughter's pony, Beauty, down.  She had impacted, and I had two choices - surgery or humane euthanasia.  Thankfully, this was something I'd already thought about.  Beauty was 24ish years old.  She'd been loved and lived a full life.  Colic surgery is expensive, and I couldn't see putting my family in severe debt.  As hard as it was, I chose option number 2.



A day or two later, my husbands 50" Panasonic Plasma TV died.  No warning, no storms, no power surges, just poof...  DEAD!  It irritates me because the TV wasn't even 3 years old.  I bought it for Erik when we moved into this house.  It was a birthday, anniversary, you name it gift.  $1200 down the drain.  Now it's black with no signs of life (unless you count the two red blinking lights of death).



If that was not enough, my truck is ill.  I took it to have the oil changed on Thursday.  On the way home, I stopped at Shell to fill up.  That night, it started running rough.  Friday morning, I bought an air filter and took it back to the shop to get the fuel filter changed.  Cory and I go to drive it home, and it was still messed up.  Back to the shop it went.  Monday, they tell me they think it may be an injector and quote me $1000+ in repairs.



UGH!!!  You can see why I am frustrated. 

Anyway...  A couple of days ago, my friend, KD, posted on our yahoo TROT group about her recent "Woes and Pros."  She'd been going thru some rough times too, but instead of bitching and moaning like I was, she was trying to focus the positives.

Can you say reality check???  So here's my attempt at being positive...

Beauty - I am grateful that she came back into our lives.  We had tried to rehome her with Miss Marilyn, but for various reasons, it didn't work out and she came home.  We'd spent lots of time with her in the last few months.  I thank God everyday for the passion and the skills she taught Cory in the 6+ years we had her.

TV - Although it's a fairly new TV, technology changes quickly.  I plan to replace it with something 3D ready when we get the money.

Truck - Things could have been worse.  I could have been hauling my trailer.  I could have been broke down on the side with a full load.  What a pain that would have been!  We have picked the truck up from the first shop and have taken it to our friends, Liz & Heath. They have a diesel repair shop.  I know it will be fixed right, and I will be on the road before I know it.  Love those guys!

Other positives...

I have rejoined the gym.  Over a year ago, I dropped my membership to save money.  I did "OK" at keeping my weight off (gained back 10 of the 20 pounds I lost 2 years ago).  Although I am super sore, I am happy to be feeling healthy.  I missed working out with Emery.



Oceanway Tsunamis swim season has begun.  Cory has moved up this year.  She is now with the 9-10 year olds.  She's focusing on getting her strokes right and is having a ball.


My 3 pony boys are getting along better.  The loss of Beauty has brought them together.  I am still very pleased with Ranger.  He is a pleasure to work with.  Cory's really embraced helping me with the horses.  She's learned to lunge both Rocky and Linc.  We are working together to keep everyone exercised.  She even rode Linc bareback the other day.  :)

Erik's job has been keeping him busy.  Times are tough, and it's good thing when you have "too" much work.

So there you have it.  I thank God for my husband, my family, and my friends.  They are there to lift me up and/or kick me in the ass when I need it.  Life is good!

1 comment:

KD said...

AMEN Sistah !!!!