Monday, February 7, 2011

New beginnings (sort of)

The same day we delivered Poca, I picked up my new horse, Ranger.  I say "sort of" because I have known Ranger since he was a colt.  His momma is KD's horse, Stylin.  At 2 years old, KD sold him to Chele.

Ranger (back then Ringer) and Stylin
Such a clown
Ranger on the left & Stylin on the right
 
Jenny on Ranger.  His first ride.
Chele loved Ranger, but due to family circumstances, she had to sell him.

I have worked with Ranger several times over the years.  At one point, he even came to our house for "summer camp."

 
 
 
 
Me on Ranger & Chele on Dawn at the Ravines
Ranger's adjusting well.  I was surprised how nice Rocky has been to him.  It only took a few days to incorporate him into the herd.

I am super excited about working with Ranger.  KD and Chele gave him a nice start.  I know he is going to make a fabulous trail horse, and who knows what else we will accomplish...

1 comment:

KD said...

Yay Ranger! I'm sure Shelly will agree with me that we're glad he's with you and still "in the family".