Sunday, January 9, 2011

A perfect weekend for riding...

On Saturday, 9 of us met at the Jennings Live Oak entrance and rode the yellow loop.  I believe it's around 16 miles.  We walked most of the time and took a few breaks, so it took us almost 6 hours to complete.

Rocky modeling his new, lime green tack.
On Sunday, Julianne, Cory, and I met at the Equestrian Center.  We decided to go splorin and managed to find our way to Sal Taylor and then Diamond D.  I am so excited about this.  JEC is a lot closer and has nice features (like water and a washrack).  To know that I can save gas and ride to other places is also a good thing.

Romeo was very interested in the cows


Linc wanted to give this one a smooch

Do you see him Mom?

Rocky was bored with cow watching.

Some more DD critters

FAT pony!

Linc wanted to smooch him too

2 comments:

KD said...

I thought I had taken you through the cut through in the fence before. There are several ways to get to Diamond D from Sal Taylor. I still want to ride around some more on the base and see what's out there too. :-) Another day.

Michelle said...

We had gone to Sal Taylor but never all the way to DD. I was surprised what a straight shot it was. There are so many possibilities and new adventures to be had.