Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

The holidays have come and gone, and I find myself feeling very blessed.  I am grateful to have a wonderfully supportive husband, a well-behaved & loving daughter, and great friends & family.

 We spent Christmas Eve at Granny's with my husband's family.

Granny always cooks too much food.  It's all so good!
The kids exchange gifts
Granny opening her gifts
Erik playing with his gift from last year (mentos & diet coke)

We woke up early Christmas morning to open gifts before heading to Carly and Johnny's for breakfast.

Cory has an obsession with water bottles
A new hat and chair for camping
Daddy surprised Cory with a Wii
He also got her a camo jacket
Opening gifts at Aunt Carly's
Brody is just too cute!
Chase giving rides on his new golf cart
We headed to Nana and Papa's for an early dinner.

Margie prepared quite a spread
Cory and Riley
Everyone waiting very patiently

After dinner, Cory and I drove to Thomasville, GA to surprise my mom and step dad.

Waiting for them to answer the door
Grandpa David was shocked
Cory chilling with her great-grandparents
Making shakes with Grandma
We spent New Year's at McCulley Farms with several of our friends.

Guided trail ride on Friday
Traditional New Year's food
Cathy cantering Busta on Saturday.


2010 had many ups and downs for us, but in the end, I think we are better off because of the challenges and experiences we dealt with.

I am looking forward to new adventures in 2011.  So far on the agenda, complete another 25 LD with Linc in January and the Cracker Ride in February.  Poca has a sale pending, and I already have a new horse waiting in the wings.  (I'll share the details later in cast something changes.)

HERE are the rest of the Christmas pics.

HERE are the rest of the New Year's.

No comments: