Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just not feeling it....

That is how I've felt about blogging lately.  School started; life got hectic; riding season came and went; and I just didn't have much time or energy to write about it.  Till now....

This past weekend was so wonderful.  Some friends and I participated in a 3-day riding clinic with Ron McLoughlin in Daytona.  Believe it or not, this was one of my first "real" riding lessons.  (I've audited clinics in the past, and, like most, I like to read and watch videos.)

Boy oh boy, I am hooked.  I took Linc this time.  I wanted this clinic to be about training ME first and the HORSE second.  Linc is my BTDT horse and has all the basics down.  WOW!  Ron pushed us beyond our comfort zone, and I liked it.  We were doing 180's and 360's (even at a canter).  They were far from perfect and not necessarily even good, but it was a start.  I just can't begin to tell you how intense it was at times.


I feel like the fire in me has been rekindled.  I was floundering.  Since I stopped doing the LD's, I had no direction to go with my ponies.  We camp like crazy, but I had no goals.  Now, I do.  There is a trainer here in Jax, Carole Jackson, that studied under Ron.  I hope to start taking lessons with her soon.  There's also another clinic coming up in September and December.  Lord willing, I will be there.  Hopefully, I will take both horses next time.

Me, Christina, and Cathy at the clinic
Christina and I in the Quadrilles
Ron during one of our afternoon meetings
Everyone on the line
Paying attention

HERE is a link to the other photo's KD took.

1 comment:

KD said...

I was riding with y'all from my chair. You guys did so great ! Made we want to start working more with Stylin as well. Maybe I can go to the next clinic - definitely would be interested in the group classes.